Vietnam…… My Watercolor Journal…..

(As usual, click the pic for a slightly bigger view in a new tab)

Well, I’m finally getting around to posting the pages from my watercolor journal…..  Jen, one of my travelmates, was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more productive in hers, as usual….  But still, I did a few and they’ll be great reminders of our trip….

It was Tet, a national holiday, while we were there, and Carnations were everywhere!

Dragon Fruit – it looks prettier than it tastes – it’s rather bland.

This doesn’t even come CLOSE to showing how ridiculous the telephones wires are

We actually took an Ox Cart Ride – super dusty and bumpy, and cheesy and touristy, but I still loved it

Sadly, they still have Cock Fights here…. so horrible…..

I Loved being pulled around in the rickshaw, but the Air Pollution in the big cities was sooo bad….

This isn’t a picture of someone “flicking” her head, it’s to remind me of how beautiful and intricate their hand movements are

My travel mates went to the Killing Fields, but I couldn’t do it.

Soooooooooo many monks, just wandering around peacefully in their orange robes…

This entry was posted in Drawings, Figurative, Journal, Moleskine, skulls, Travel Journal, Watercolor and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Vietnam…… My Watercolor Journal…..

Some great memories and even greater art
    Glad to see you posting again

2. Maureen Beamish says:

Nice to see you back.

3. Lou says:

Love your depiction!

Such great sketches….took you long enough to post them….

5. Janice says:

Your sketches really bring back memories for me too. They are beautiful. Like you, I Ioved the rickshaws and ox carts rides. I could travel by rickshaw and tuk tuk all of the time. As for the dragon fruit……yuck! I’ve still yet to do anything with my photos. It’s only been 2 years 🙂 You are way ahead of me.

6. Gwen Shulhan says:

What a wonderful way to journal your trip. Beautiful!