Ooops, I did it again……

So, remember back a couple years ago when I scored a whole swack of Doll Molds for free?  Well, it’s happened again.  A lovely generous woman (Thank you Irene!) had to get rid of a bunch of her molds and simply gave them away.

When I responded to the ad, she said she had quite a few, like maybe 30 heads, so I thought “OK, there are 2 arms and 2 legs and a torso and maybe a chest plate for each head”.  Noooooooo, some of the dolls have multiple, interchangeable arms and legs.  And there are other odd one-off pieces, such as a baby’s butt.  That’s right, there’s a specific mold for a baby’s butt!!!!

Anyway, I asked my awesome husband if he’d helped me load and unload a bunch of molds, and naturally he agreed.  We got to Irene’s house, and YIKES, when she said quite a few, she wasn’t kidding.  We brought them ALL home, and it took two full truck loads.

First load, partially unloaded

Second load

Here’s Paul giving this pile of molds 2 thumbs down, ha!  I’ve promised to get rid of them as soon as possible, since he’s hoping to eventually park his truck in that side of the garage.

Now, who can I get to help me sort them into matching heads and body parts?  Who’s fit and strong and slightly younger than me, and only lives about 8 minutes away…. Who will work for red wine….  Who, I wonder……..

This entry was posted in doll molds, Figurative and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Ooops, I did it again……

1. Jo says:

So what did she do with all the doll parts? Did she make the dolls or just make the body parts for the doll makers? I’m sure you and your helper have a laugh or two sorting through them 🙂

Oh, she made VERY beautiful, traditional dolls, and she hand-painted the faces, and she made the clothes. This is a real art. She’s just physically unable to man-handle the bigger molds any more. I think she kept a swack of smaller ones and she’ll still work with those. She was just lovely…..

You got me at “red wine”

Great score. I’m sure Paul must just shake his head. I expect you Lorna will have fun.
    You’ve accomplished a lot since last I saw you.

Wish I was there to help you, HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

And just how are you “going to get rid of them”? I see baby butt bowls in your future.

Cool … Can’t wait to see your clay pieces .. including the baby butt bowls 🙂