A Whale of a Postcard

Here’s another postcard that I’ll be demo’ing on Saturday, from 1:00 till 2:00 or 3:00 at Nest Collective on Saturday June 10th.

I love this one!

This entry was posted in Moon, Nest Collective, Postcards, Watercolor and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Whale of a Postcard

1. Lauren Kirley says:

That is beautiful. I agree it is awesome Cher. I was thinking about the ones you did that are the shape of the island…. what if you did the island shape over a BIG blue circle that represented the Pacific Ocean just like you did with this whale one 🙂

Oh, that’s a good idea! I’d given up on the VI image, as it’s not screamingly obvious what it is. I’ll try it on some kind of water/circle thing…

2. Jennifer Adams says:

I do like this one better than the Island. I’m not sure people would get that it is VI. I like Lauren’s suggestion.

Yeah, I agree. I’d seen the idea done in a large format, of specific States, and it looked really cool. But the Island by itself is not enough. Man, these 4″ x 6″ whales take me at least 45 minutes each…. I’m going to do one in a bigger format.

I love this one .. whoa .. but that is a long time to take per card .. Have you tried some killer whales as may tourists will have seen them or hoped to see them on Vancouver Island ??
    I a so excited for you this weekend!!

I actually DID consider the Orca, but man they are a plain and boring shape and color. We actually have the Gray Whales here in our waters as well, and yeah, that did matter to me. Thanks for the ideas!

4. Jackie says:

I really like this. It should sell no problem. The composition and colours are great. Jackie