Every Day In May – gahhh….

So, I went to Vegas for 4 days – no time for drawing there (Hello Crown Royal, Goodbye ArtMojo), then when we got home, I got sick (nothing major, just flu, cold, blah blah), and I got SO behind on the EveryDayInMay project.

I was still determined to do 30 drawings, though, so yesterday, I sat in my studio and did 3 drawings/paintings….  Some people say that when they create, a “muse” visits them and inspires their creativity.  Well, let me tell ya, if I had a muse yesterday, he would’ve looked like this, ha ha ha

My 3 pieces are sooooo pathetic….  I’m tempted to not even post them, but I will..

What did I learn from this?  I asked my inner child and she said “Hey, sometimes your stuff just sucks, go eat ice cream………”.

I DO like having a commitment (more on that in the next post), but this every-day-thang is not for me.  It sure makes me feel amazed and impressed (and a little envious) of those personalities that DO do something/anything every day.  (Wait – I have a glass of wine almost every day – does that count??)

Here’s the first one.  I mean, seriously??  I can actually draw really well, how do pieces like this even happen?  If any “muse” inspired me to draw this, that muse ought to be soooo ashamed of himself!  Yeah, that was definitely me just trying to fill a page for the sake of filling a page.  Let’s not do that anymore, OK?  OK!!

This one started out pretty well, nice clean colors, but then I overworked it and it got muddy

This guy’s actually kinda cute, I don’t mind him.  OK, except for the really wonky eye, oh man…….

These were all done using Dr Martin’s PH Inks….

Anyway, Every-Day-In-May?  I’m over it……….

This entry was posted in ArtEveryDay, Challenge, Drawings, EDIM, Illustration, Journal, Moleskine, Travel Journal, Watercolor and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Every Day In May – gahhh….

Don’t be too hard on yourself. I think you’ve captured a certain likeness to Paul…altho I think Marion might have wanted him draped.

The bird looks like he was into your crown, the flower sucks and I love the mouse!!!!

And here I thought you created the cool clay creature lazing about. I thought you did really well for your 30 days in May. I tried to keep up but then thought I don’t like being obligated to do something every day. I know I will continue to do art and that is good enough for me (and should be good for you too).

Re: the “cool clay creature” – I googled “drunk gargoyle” and got that as the first hit, funny eh? And yep, doing art as often as I feel like it really IS good enough!

4. paulie says:

Why are you referring to your muse as a “he” – maybe your muse is a femaie ………

You are too hard on yourself … hey remember the picture lame picture I made of the farm .. The final piece you helped me but the one I was afraid to show you was very sucky …. you are doing a great job!! Don’t stop!!