Illustrating a Kid’s Book – Part 2

A few more attempts at narrowing down what the Girl’s general characteristics will be.  For instance, P rarely wears dresses, so she’ll mostly be wearing leggings and t-shirts in the book.

Her face will be completely and seamlessly incorporated into the image in the final stage.  These are just rough sketches for content, color, and sizing.

Not sure about this one with the bat, although I love the idea of drawing her from the back and not having to deal with getting her sweet little face in there!  That bat needs work.   A LOT of work!  But I like the idea, because bats are hilarious.  Well, to me, anyway….

This kid LOVES to dance!  I’m thinking probably flamingos or elephants in tutus.

This entry was posted in Acrylics, Book, Drawings, Faces, Figurative, Illustration, Image Transfer, MultiMedia, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Illustrating a Kid’s Book – Part 2

1. Jo says:

Love the idea Cher! You are so creative!

2. kirley says:

Cher that is awesome . I love it and she will too . Very cool

3. Jennifer Adams says:

I like the bat…even if he does look a bit like a gremlin.

Can hardly wait to see the final product. ..Such a good grandma.

love the bat, don’t see whyyou think it needs work

6. Jackie says:

This is great. Where is this all coming from. You have a great imagination and to be able to do it in an illustration just amazes me. Great job i’m liking it alot. Can’t wait to see the whole thing.

I’ve been thinking about doing it for awhile, so I have had time to envision it in my head for quite a length of time. I’m also MAKING myself do mock ups in my journal before I commit to the final scene, which I hope will increase my likelihood of success…

Perfect .. she will love it … what a wonderful gift… What a great grandma .. I have painted 2 pictures for my grand baby both in cartoon approach .. one for her birth and one for her 1st birthday … Loved them both!! Keep up the great work.