Well, I tried an experiment, which I think would work better with acrylics, but still turned out rather well.
I love the idea of something silhouetted against a moon, so that was my goal. First, I randomly painted an entire page in my Pentalic Journal, and scratched into it with the end of my paint brush.
I let that dry, and then I painted darker around the moon, and dropped salt into the dark. The salt didn’t make any difference; I must’ve put it on too late.
I glazed the outer area with bright yellow, glazed the moon with Quin gold, and added the heron silhouette.
Jen did a wonderful fish, in a very loose style. Great colors!