Christmas Cards 2016

Another little card, ready to go.

gnome1 gnome2

When I do Christmas Cards, I ALWAYS do them with watercolors.  No particular reason, other than habit – it just felt like the “right” medium.

For some reason, on this one I used Acrylics.  It was no easier, nor more difficult, just different.  I’m going to do a bunch more this way.  One of the tricky things to do on a really small piece, with watercolors, is “save the whites”.  You don’t need to with Acrylics, you simply add the white back in, as in the little white dot in his eye!

This was a fairly quick little card – he may be my main mail out this year.

This entry was posted in Acrylics, Cards, Christmas, Figurative and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Christmas Cards 2016

He is really cute. Of course I am looking at the white snow in the background, thinking about whether you used salt or frisket…..oh yah, it is acrylic…..just add it after.

2. Caroline says:

So cute, it’s like garden gnome meets Santa’s little elf!!

Love your cards. Haven’t necessarily associated cow and hen with Xmas in past, but now I do. All very inspiring.

hi .. I love both mediums but I love the snow you could add with the acrylic paint .. he is cheery and bright .. perfect for Christmas!!

5. Evelyn Parent says:

We’ve been home 24 hours. Still working through emails. Do we have a date for cards?

Love the elf. Can’t wait to catch up.

Ev

Like the cow and chicken but really like the little guy

7. Paulie says: