Garage Sale TREASURES for Assemblage Art

Since making my first-and-as-yet-only Piece of Assemblage Art, I’ve been collecting stuff, and man, the collecting part is as fun as the making part….

I spent $58 and scored all this – YOWZA!!

Fancy Caligraphy set – I’ll use the nibs for some sort of head dress

IMG_1169 IMG_1170

Metal Filligree Mirrors and Porcelain Hands

IMG_1171

DumbBell Weights – 8 of ’em.  Probably use them as wheels.

IMG_1173

Candle Sticks that come apart into three pieces

IMG_1174

Drafting Tools

IMG_1175

Butterfly Head

IMG_1177

Miscellaneous Jewellery

IMG_1179 IMG_1180 IMG_1181

Fancy Tin

IMG_1182 IMG_1183

Eight Inch Letters – B  E  L  I  E  V  E

IMG_1184

Fiskar Scissors – 22 Pairs.  I’m hoping that I can pry the plastic off and use the metal cutting parts as, ummmmm, Mouths?  Beaks?

IMG_1185

Beautiful Red Dominoes

IMG_1187

Licence Plates – 50 of em!!!  Torsos?

IMG_1188

Adorable little Mini Colanders – Hats?

IMG_1189

This beauty was something that a friend found for me at a Thrift Store for $25 (Thank you Lauren!).  I’ll completely disassemble it to get at the Keys and Key Arms – Wings?  Dragon Spikes?

IMG_1190

Got and idea regarding what I can use this stuff for?

This entry was posted in Assemblage and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Garage Sale TREASURES for Assemblage Art

1. Jo says:

WHAT WONDERFUL TREASURES!

I heard way back when that you can make words with the typewriter!!!!!!!!!!

Wowsers ,..love your treasures .. you creative abilities at full force ,. I can imagine the wonderful pieces you have found .. The inside of the typewriter will be hundreds of piece to use 🙂

Did you go thru the boxes in your own garage? I bet there are some treasures in there as well.

5. Lou says:

Wow, I can’t wait to see your creations

6. Marcia Beckett says:

Okay….. I can`t wait to see what you do with all these treasures. Hope you and Paul are doing well Big hugs, Marcia