Camping and art….

We were at Nanaimo Lakes for 3 nights over the weekend.  This is my favorite place on the Island, most definitely my “Happy Place”.

3 mornings in a row I was working in my journals, sitting in dappled morning light, sketching and painting with the ladies.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of what the others did (my camera battery died), but here’s what I produced.

First, two for my Paris-Germany-Bike Trip Journal

20  This dragon was carved crawling up the wall of the Glockenspiel in Munich.  Note to my drawing buddies – I used a Mr Clean MagicSponge to lift color and lighten up some of the wall areas below the dragon.

21b

Then, I finished 5 pages for my Travel-Miscellaneous Journal

TMb M TMb n

The landscape was done as a Challenge by Lou – Draw the Moonrise from last night, from memory.  Gah, so bad.  I don’t draw from memory, and I don’t do landscapes.  Lou hated the challenge as much as any of us, ha! TMb Z TMb Ya TMb Yb

The pale pink flower, done from a drawing in a book, was my own personal challenge – Use as little paint as possible.  I’m pretty pleased with it. TMc Fa TMc Fb

As usual, I was inspired by how enthused and talented my painting buddies are.  Thanks for keeping me at it, ladies!

This entry was posted in Drawings, Journal, Moleskine, Travel Journal, Watercolor and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Camping and art….

1. The Favorite One says:

Great paintings! It’s a rough life but I am glad you get do it.

Seeing Cher sitting at the picnic table under the trees first thing in the morning is so motivating, I sit down with my supplies, and create somehow, some watercolour pieces by watching, asking questions, and learning new techniques. I am so fortunate to have a sister that is a artist🎨

I think the dragon is my favourite. Mr Clean Magic Sponge….hmmmmm. Good idea.

4. Paulie says:

I like the pale pink flower the best!

5. Suze says:

Love your paintings .. can’t wait to see Lou’s … keep dabbling .. loved the pink flower with scant colour .. wonderful look ..

6. Jackie West says:

Cher I remember a long time ago I came to one of the art groups you belonged to and the lady there said, less paint is more. I think you and I both said at the time we both would gob on the paint. But she was right less is more. I like them. I think pens are a huge part of your paintings. They are definitely your style, which I love. You work well with them.