Camping and art….

We were at Nanaimo Lakes for 3 nights over the weekend.  This is my favorite place on the Island, most definitely my “Happy Place”.

3 mornings in a row I was working in my journals, sitting in dappled morning light, sketching and painting with the ladies.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of what the others did (my camera battery died), but here’s what I produced.

First, two for my Paris-Germany-Bike Trip Journal

20  This dragon was carved crawling up the wall of the Glockenspiel in Munich.  Note to my drawing buddies – I used a Mr Clean MagicSponge to lift color and lighten up some of the wall areas below the dragon.

21b

Then, I finished 5 pages for my Travel-Miscellaneous Journal

TMb M TMb n

The landscape was done as a Challenge by Lou – Draw the Moonrise from last night, from memory.  Gah, so bad.  I don’t draw from memory, and I don’t do landscapes.  Lou hated the challenge as much as any of us, ha! TMb Z TMb Ya TMb Yb

The pale pink flower, done from a drawing in a book, was my own personal challenge – Use as little paint as possible.  I’m pretty pleased with it. TMc Fa TMc Fb

As usual, I was inspired by how enthused and talented my painting buddies are.  Thanks for keeping me at it, ladies!

About mckitt123

@CherMcKittrick
This entry was posted in Drawings, Journal, Moleskine, Travel Journal, Watercolor and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Camping and art….

1. The Favorite One says:

Great paintings! It’s a rough life but I am glad you get do it.

Seeing Cher sitting at the picnic table under the trees first thing in the morning is so motivating, I sit down with my supplies, and create somehow, some watercolour pieces by watching, asking questions, and learning new techniques. I am so fortunate to have a sister that is a artist🎨

I think the dragon is my favourite. Mr Clean Magic Sponge….hmmmmm. Good idea.

4. Paulie says:

I like the pale pink flower the best!

5. Suze says:

Love your paintings .. can’t wait to see Lou’s … keep dabbling .. loved the pink flower with scant colour .. wonderful look ..

6. Jackie West says:

Cher I remember a long time ago I came to one of the art groups you belonged to and the lady there said, less paint is more. I think you and I both said at the time we both would gob on the paint. But she was right less is more. I like them. I think pens are a huge part of your paintings. They are definitely your style, which I love. You work well with them.