Man, I’m finding it hard to get into the studio this month, we’ve got so much stuff going on. I was starting to get a little freaked out because I only have 20 paintings for the WineFest Art Show, then I remembered that originally, my plan was to create 15 pieces! OK, I’m good, and if I happen to get a few more done, then that’s bonus nachos….
Jesse and Teresa (wonderful nephew/niece) took the Octopus Painting, and seemed to be quite thrilled with it – their appreciation and enthusiasm for the piece is VERY flattering!
Yesterday and today I managed to:
– Clean most of two parts of my studio, which was a HUGE job
– Put proper hanging wire and hardware on 3 paintings – that doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it’s kinda time-consuming (I am SO appreciative of everything you do for me, Chuck!)
– Get two new canvasses prepped – I painted them w/black gesso
– Start a small 10×10 turtle painting, which is TOTALLY not working. I’m going to re-do the background, as it’s too similar to the colors in the turtle, sigh…..
– Start a small 10×10 Octopus painting, which is fabulous so far.
– Start a Leftover-Paint-Scraped-Off-The-Table-And-Stuck-Onto-Canvas painting, a la Bob Burridge. This particular style cracks me up. I know you’re looking at this and going ….uhhh, whaaaat??…., but trust me, once I do some negative painting it’s going to be great. It will end up being a pair of swallows sitting together on a wire.
And now I’m going to go lay in the sun……..