So, 5 previous posts were about a tiger’s head done in watercolors on a huge piece (30″ x 20″) of 300 lb wc paper. One I tore up, and one had some good bits in it, but overall, neither piece was a keeper. I’m painting in a new style now, in acrylics, that involves going over the finished piece with thin scribbly black lines (acrylic). I decided, since I had nothing to lose, to try this technique on the watercolor Damn Tiger; I mean I painted right on top of the existing watercolor piece. Oh man, it turned out SO WELL!!!
Here’s the original piece, in watercolor.
Here’s the finished piece, overpainted in acrylics.
I LOVE this piece!! I’ve also done 3 fish in this style, with non-standard colors and black outlining – I think I’ve finally found MY style!