Birds On A Wire

I did this painting about a year ago, but never posted it, not sure why.

I can’t even remember what I did to get this background, but it looks like I laid down wool to get a “line”, painted over it, and then once it was dry, pulled the wool off.  Kinda cool……  But apparently not cool enough to leave intact, as it’s not visible in the final painting….

Birds On A Wire2 Birds On A Wire1

I then traced some scribbly little sketches of birds onto thin shear paper, and put them on the canvas.

Birds On A Wire3 Birds On A Wire4 Birds On A Wire5

A shear wash was glazed over the background to pull the colors together, and the bird details were painted in.

Birds On A Wire6 Birds On A Wire7 Birds On A Wire8

I really like this piece, and a friend of mine bought it, how very flattering!

This entry was posted in Acrylics, Birds. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Birds On A Wire

1. Lauren says:

Those are really nice Cher. Cool trick with the string to make the “wire” look. You are really doing some amazing pieces.

2. Susanne says:

great work Cher!!! a new year with lots of time for new masterpieces.. Susanne

3. Mauren says:

Really like it…Don’t quite get the process but love the outcome. Moe

I remember seeing it when we were out last summer, really like it.

5. Lou says:

Your work is so fun and creative, I can’t wait to come to anther class

I remember this one and really like it back then.