Bird With Flowers – Finished!

What a treat to be back in the art studio today, and painting – it’s been awhile!

I’m calling this painting done, and I’m really pleased with it. Completely NOT my usual image content or colors, YAY! Hey, I’m not ACTUALLY calling it “done”, but having said that, I don’t have a title for this one yet – any suggestions?

Bird With FlowersJ Bird With FlowersE Bird With FlowersG Bird With FlowersF

Tomorrow I’ll post about the week I spent in an acrylic painting class given by Robert Burridge, My Art Hero!!!

This entry was posted in Acrylics, Birds. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Bird With Flowers – Finished!

1. Lauren says:

You are sooooo crazy talented 🙂 I love it .. the bird .. complex, simple and warm 🙂

How about BIRD WITH FLOWERS

Ha, you’re hilarious……….but I dunno, does it REALLY say what the picture’s about? Shouldn’t it be something more esoteric? Hey, I know, how about “pájaro con las flores” (Spanish) or “fugl med blomster” (Danish) or “ibon na may mga bulaklak” (Filipino). Doesn’t everything sound waaaaay groovier in another language? bulaklak, say it, it’s hilarious………

3. Moe says:

Lovely. I’ve started a parakeet in sunflowers from a photo of a friend’s bird. Photo is lovely but haven’t captured it…yet. Love what you’ve done with yours.
    Moe

4. lorn says:

I love the images and colours that you chose. This is a nice change, as I like realistic.

yeah, very different for me, eh? I really like that I kept the colors light….I have so much trouble with that. (What? The dark colors have a life of their own? They just jump onto the canvas all by themselves?? Oh yeah, that’s right, it’s ME that has control over the color……….)