Well, this is definitely just a PRACTICE piece, and although I put at least 4 hours in on it, it was time well spent, because I learned tons. I actually have a list of steps that I’ll use on the next attempt at this piece. One of the biggest changes is that I’ll be using Masking Tape for the palm fronds.
I’m really happy with how the black stripes worked out. I painted them wet-on-dry, and then spritzed them with water to make the edges softer.
I’m not even going to point out all the stuff that’s “wrong” with the final piece. In spite of those things, I’m pleased with the process, and getting my head around the idea of this being a practice piece definitely allowed me to try things that I wouldn’t have otherwise……..