I’ve started a large 30 x 22 watercolor painting of a tiger head, partly hidden by jungle palm fronds. I wish I’d taken a couple more “before” pics, so that you could have seen the progression of this painting at the very first stages.
I used frisket to save the fronds, whiskers, and white stripes, but instead of filling in the ENTIRE area of a stripe, I simply OUTLINED the stripe. Not a good idea, as I completely forgot this as I was laying down the golden-orange wash for the fur, and all the inner parts of the white stripes have to be recovered, by lifting the color.
I’ve read that you can do this with a Mr Clean Magic Sponge, so wish me luck!